Some Neos from my greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
You can probably guess that Mark Roberts is my enabler for Neos. I hope I have the names right.

Shutennow (from New World)
Neo_falcata-ShutennowNewWorld.jpg

Shutennow (I think this is the one Mark gave me)
Neo_falcata-Shutennow.jpg

Gojyo (from Michel Orchids)
Neo_falcata-ShoujouNewWorld.jpg

Shoujou (from Mark)
Neo_falcata-Shoujou-1.jpg

Higashidemiyako flowers (from New World)
Neo_falcata-Higashidemiyako.jpg

Higashidemiyako - plant
Neo_falcata-Higashidemiyako-plant.jpg

Shojyo (from New World)
Neo_falcata-Gojyo-fukurin.jpg

Last edited:
:drool::drool: WOW !!!! :drool::drool:
Those 2 floriforous beauties from Mark could get me hooked!

I'm extremely happy they are growing well and blooming for you, Dot! :clap:

I've got Ootakamaru (aka Ohotakamaru) currently in bloom and in bud. Kyokko (a nice compact pink) is developing buds on at least three spikes, and it appears Manjyushage is preparing to send up a spike any day now too. :)

I've got Ootakamaru (aka Ohotakamaru) currently in bloom and in bud. Kyokko (a nice compact pink) is developing buds on at least three spikes, and it appears Manjyushage is preparing to send up a spike any day now too.:)
Yay! Post photos, please, Mark!

These are growing on me by leaps and bounds. My first just bloomed and it was so cool to watch the buds grow from so tiny in the beginning , to about half an inch. So tiny, but so appealing. Me need more:drool:

Aahh ! ... Fragrant times for neophiles. Nice pics, I like to be able to show the plants with the flowers as you have done, but it's a bit challenging for me to get this right, if I get the flowers right the plant disappears into the dark !
I have a feeling that your third and seventh plants should swap names, ... but there are others here that will know better ?

Thanks for posting, ... and I should get off my proverbial post some of mine.

I've got Ootakamaru (aka Ohotakamaru) currently in bloom and in bud. Kyokko (a nice compact pink) is developing buds on at least three spikes, and it appears Manjyushage is preparing to send up a spike any day now too. :)

Yay! Post photos, please, Mark!

I'll see what I can do, Dot, but no promises. :eek: I've been feeling rather awful lately, and getting good shots has been quite the struggle for me. I don't know what the problem is. I'm also readying myself for a jaunt to the Soo. I'm taking my parents to the hotel where they stayed on their honeymoon nearly 60 years ago. We leave early Sunday and should be home by Thursday.

I have a feeling that your third and seventh plants should swap names, ...

That seems a reasonable supposition. Whatever it is, the third photo/plant is NOT Shojyo (or Shoujou or similar transliterations). If the 3rd plant/photo is "Gojyo", it then really should be Gojyofukurin or Gojoufukurin & similar transliterations.

Back