Some little Oncidiums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gideon

I went to the coast yesterday...returning today to deliver some parrots, on the way back today we stopped off at a few nurseries, and saw 2 stunning Oncidiums.

The first 2 pics are of Oncidium sphacelatum which had 84 spikes, it is huge. It sold yesterday for about $220...if it was not sold, I would have brought it home.

The 3rd pic is of another one, species unknown, but possibly Oncidium sphacelatum, mounted on a palm trunk, also huge

Oncidiumsphacelatum.jpg

Oncidiumsphacelatum1.jpg

Oncidium1.jpg

what a show! Maybe they use the elephants... "aherm" waste... to fertilise it :poke:

So that's what oncidiums do in warm places. Soooo, how long did take to count all those flowers?:wink:

Wow Gideon, that kinda reminds me of my own modesty when I tell the ladies at the bar I have a not-so large pe$%#, but they know the truth..... they know

bwester said:
Wow Gideon, that kinda reminds me of my own modesty when I tell the ladies at the bar I have a not-so large pe$%#, but they know the truth..... they know

:rollhappy:

Back