Some late flowering multis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All are very nice but the WBW is exceptional. What is the breeding with that one?

Thanks! The parentage is (roth 'Red Sea' x anitum 'Ace'). I picked it up as single growth seedling a couple of years ago when Sam came to the British Paph Society meeting. This year it really took off for some reason. Must have liked being outside for the summer.

All excellent blooms David. The WBW is a great start for the plant and certainly potential for future blooms.

Gary
UK

" Thanks! The parentage is (roth 'Red Sea' x anitum 'Ace'). "

You have me poking through my benches to see if I have one of those... :)

Thanks! The parentage is (roth 'Red Sea' x anitum 'Ace'). I picked it up as single growth seedling a couple of years ago when Sam came to the British Paph Society meeting. This year it really took off for some reason. Must have liked being outside for the summer.
The WBW plant looks so compact...I have “Red Sea” and hope mine blooms on a plant half this small lol. I’ve seen P. anitum flowers but don’t think I’ve seen the plant? Great photos, congratulations on all.

Awesome WBW and a fantastic flowering GN. Lucky you.

Thanks. The usual defects associated with these crosses - split petal, hooked pouch, etc - but I'm pleased to get two blooms out of it and I think if it improves next time it could be great. Got to love that colour!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and compliments on the photos! I'm lucky to have some big white cupboard doors to snap them in front of, but I need to get some big coloured/black sheets to do darker backgrounds. As you can see from my attempt at a darker backdrop with the WBW, their colours look so different in different settings. I love those anitum-type dorsals - they can look gold and black or green and red depending on the light.
Chris, UK

Back