Some flasks I got from Sam

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Here are a few flasks I got from Sam. I deflasked these about a month ago, so they seemed to survive that process and have hardened off. The best flask was the Randy Booth. By far the biggest seedlings. Nice and chunky too. The seedlings in the roth flask were a bit too small and leggy for my liking. Initially, they appeared to struggle and some of the leaves were getting rot. But in the end, I lost none of the seedlings and despite looking a bit ratty, I'm confident they will grow on from here. The parvi and concolor flask look great and have posed no problems.

I also got a PEOY flask and a Julius x roths 'King Kong' flask. But the seedlings were too small for my growing ability. So rather than risk it, I sent them to a local lab to be replated. I should get them back in 3 to 4 months.

Paph. Randy Booth (Lady Isabel 'Gigantic' x randsii 'Jupiter')

Lady%20Isabel%20x%20randsii%20DSC_7628.jpg9

Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('King Kong' x 'Humongous')

roths%20king%20kong%20x%20DSC_7631.jpg

Paph. Fumi's Delight 'Rainbow' x vietnamense 'Purple Wide Petals'

fumis%20delight%20x%20DSC_7633.jpg

Paph. concolor x sib ('Full Moon' x 'Dark Star')

concolor%20DSC_7632.jpg

Nice purchase. I got the Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('King Kong' x 'Humongous') also. Talking to Sam he has high hopes for these.

Nice purchase. I got the Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('King Kong' x 'Humongous') also. Talking to Sam he has high hopes for these.

The 'King Kong' clone is pretty amazing. Six flowers on a first flowering seedling is incredible. I often only get two. I wonder on a larger plant whether it will get 7 or more. I have seen a photo of this clone too. Very dark well-spaced flowers. Sounds like the 'Humongous' clone is much the same.

In the end, I went with the most expensive flask as I assumed that would have the most potential. If you are going to spend 10 or more years growing them, money is of secondary importance. I also have enough TON roth seedlings now, so I wanted a different line of breeding.

Latest posts

Back