Solid green leaf

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LindaFVB

Here I am again with another newbie question. I recently purchased a lowii 'Princehouse' x sib. It is in s/h. When I brought it home and placed it in the growing area, alongside my Paph. A Dimmock, I noticed the leaves of these paphs. have a similiar texture. I have 5 mottled leafed paphs. and these 2 green leaf paphs. Is it normal for the green leaf, when I bend it, the leaf has a wrinkle. Now the wrinkle disappears at the bend when let go. This so called wrinkle is only evident in the green leaf paphs. Is that the way they should be? The root system on both these plants look good. Both are in s/h. They grow in a e-s window. Paph.A. Dimmock has been with me since Sept. and has always had this wrinkle issue but now that I have my new purchase, I wonder is this the way it should be and I should just stop fussing and enjoy.
Thankyou for your guidance and reassurance
Linda

sounds normal to me too....I never bend leaves because I'm scare I'll snap them.....Wrinkly plant? Either not watering enough or there's root rot

lowii can tend to have *some* leaf texture- almost leathery. It is especially pronounced in these ('Princehouse' AM/AOS x sib) in my opinion, for we have other sib crosses that are fairly smooth. I agree with Smartie2k- check for healthy roots & proper watering. If all is good, don't sweat the small stuff.

-Ernie

Back