So, here I am!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrchidIsa

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

Brand new on this forum but not so new in the orchid world. I started my collection in 2008 when my boyfriend and I bought our house. I've always been attracted by those beauties but since their reputation was not so good (hard to grow...), I've never tried one. Then, my aunt said that it was very easy to grow! So, listening only to my courage, my very first orchid has been a Walmart hybrid phal! Then, I discovered on the web that there was so many others... I had to have them all!

So, as I just finished counting them, I have 103 orchids. Phals, paphs, phrags, neofinetias, dendros, bulbos, vandas... and many others (but I confess: paphs and prags are my favorites). My boyfriend thinks (and says) I'm crazy. Maybe! But being crazy about orchids is not a crime and I'm proud to be that kind of crazy girl! :crazy:

I grow in an orchidarium I built and in my living room. And in my kitchen. And my office. Ok, ok. Even outside!! I can't help it, I'm in love! :smitten:

So, that's it... Here I am :eek:

Last edited:
Welcome. I'm fairly new here as well. It's a nice site. Lots of drool worthy pics and great info.

Tell us a little more about you. Where are you located? Do you have any favorite groups of paphs and phrags? Parvis? Multies? Complexes? Besseae hybrids? Caudatum types? Kovachii hybrids?

I'm sure we'd all love to see pics of your growing area. An orchidarium sounds really cool!

Welcome to Slippertalk! We certainly understand your passion. But beware -- we are all great enablers and you will see your collection grow as a result of being here. :evil:

Hi and thanks to all of you! :)
Dot, I already have Erythrone as a friend and she is the devil when it comes to tease me and make me buy something new!! :evil:

Welcome! Like your Paphiopedilum lowii avatar! Looks like one of those high quality lowii from Frank Smith collection.

To mrhappyrotter: Hi!

What can I say... I'm Canadian. Quebecer, more precisely (near Montreal). I'm not a Parvi ou Brachy type, more a multi, complex or species kind of girl. Thinking of those I have been able to bloom by now, my preference goes to my lowii and my primulinum var aureum. Their form and colors are really the ones I prefer. About the phrags, I think I love them all. Can't choose any I love the most!!

I'll sure post some pictures of my success and my orchidarium soon. Let me know what you all think about it !

Latest posts

Back