Snowy Delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

LO69

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if it's not a long lasting flower, it's my opinion that delenatii should be in every paph collection. I Just love them all, I have 2 alba and 2 standard delenatii in bud at the moment and really hope the alba might compare with yours!

Hien

Reaction score
The album one was 8 cm NS and the pink one 10 cm.
10 cm ,that is an amazing dimension ? as an orchid judge, in your opinion , what is the average dimension for a pink delenatii? one of the delenatii I bought as compot ,bloomed for the first time yesterday , the spread is only 8.5 , even if I really press the tape against it , i doubt that it will get to 9 cm . I also hope for a strong scent , but hasn't detect anything yet.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 cm ,that is an amazing dimension ? as an orchid judge, in your opinion , what is the average dimension for a pink delenatii? one of the delenatii I bought as compot ,bloomed for the first time yesterday , the spread is only 8.5 , even if I really press the tape against it , i doubt that it will get to 9 cm . I also hope for a strong scent , but hasn't detect anything yet.
Between 9-10 cm is good for awards if shape is there. Also first blooms are usually small. Give it a couple years on a stronger plant, the blooms will be much bigger.

Hien

Reaction score
Between 9-10 cm is good for awards if shape is there. Also first blooms are usually small. Give it a couple years on a stronger plant, the blooms will be much bigger.
I will post the photo tomorrow , perhaps you can take a look and tell me if it is a good delenatii or not (anything would look better than the 1st bloom venustum recently)

Latest posts