Sneak peak of Paphiopedilum leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
self watering....potting medium....clay balls & expanded glass or leca in a dish of water?

Looks shy lol.

Very curious here. What is self watering concept for this? Brachys usually like to dry in between so I am wondering how long you have grown this one in this system?

Hi everyone.
The self-watering system I use is made by lechuza, a German brand. It consists of 2 pots. In one there is the plant, in the other is the water. Both pots are conntected by a thread that transports the water. Usually I fill half of the water reservoir.
I own every variety of the brachypetalum section. They all have been in the system for more than a half year.
20210531_153909.jpg

And Paph. niveum is about to bloom. 20210531_153931.jpg

Hi everyone.
The self-watering system I use is made by lechuza, a German brand. It consists of 2 pots. In one there is the plant, in the other is the water. Both pots are conntected by a thread that transports the water. Usually I fill half of the water reservoir.
I own every variety of the brachypetalum section. They all have been in the system for more than a half year.
View attachment 28051

And Paph. niveum is about to bloom. View attachment 28052
Interesting pots. What type of water do you use? How do you fertilize?

Latest posts

Back