Sneak peak of Paphiopedilum leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
self watering....potting medium....clay balls & expanded glass or leca in a dish of water?

Looks shy lol.

Very curious here. What is self watering concept for this? Brachys usually like to dry in between so I am wondering how long you have grown this one in this system?

Hi everyone.
The self-watering system I use is made by lechuza, a German brand. It consists of 2 pots. In one there is the plant, in the other is the water. Both pots are conntected by a thread that transports the water. Usually I fill half of the water reservoir.
I own every variety of the brachypetalum section. They all have been in the system for more than a half year.
20210531_153909.jpg

And Paph. niveum is about to bloom. 20210531_153931.jpg

Hi everyone.
The self-watering system I use is made by lechuza, a German brand. It consists of 2 pots. In one there is the plant, in the other is the water. Both pots are conntected by a thread that transports the water. Usually I fill half of the water reservoir.
I own every variety of the brachypetalum section. They all have been in the system for more than a half year.
View attachment 28051

And Paph. niveum is about to bloom. View attachment 28052
Interesting pots. What type of water do you use? How do you fertilize?

Back