Small bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
A small-flowered one, recent purchase from my friend's nursery. He used to be big on strap-leaf vanda but has shifted his focus onto desert rose (Adenium). The handful of species he has are semi-neglected but appear to thrive quite well. This plant has 3 growths in bloom/sheath although the leaves look a bit wrinkly. A second pot I bought also looks similar with 3 sheaths.

An S-Gratrix I posted recently had these patches on the leaves.. Is this cellular burst? We had several weeks of very hot (nearly 40 degrees C) and dry weather in March and April. But the pattern looks almost symmetrical.

Not sure what this guy is. Has never bloomed for me yet, got it as godefroyae but the leaf shape looks wrong to me. Definitely one of the most beautiful leaves in my collection..

Lovely bellatulum!
I've never seen similar patches on the leaves like on your S. Gratrix. I would be interested to know what caused this!
The leaf-pattern is great! Concolor is a good guess, it is such a variable species. But it might be an hybrid like niveum x concolor...

Those white patches are on some of my brachys as well.
They are just a separation between the tissue layers. I have no idea what causes them, though, other than those leaves that I accidentally bent or broke, they would have these white filmstrip area, but not in the shape of dots.

The leaves of the second plant is beautiful!
Definitely has niveum in my opinion.
Almost exactly the same as my mini snow flake (conco-bellatulum x niveum).
Mine was bought as blooming size two years ago, it doubled in size and now it looks to be in low sheath.

Thanks, guys.. I forgot to mention the noID actually has purple almost all over the underside of the leaves.. Unlikely to be a hybrid, this was obtained from a friend who got a bunch of wild plants for rescuing.

I'm very curious to see it in bloom one day!

Latest posts

Back