Slippertalk babies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Just got some seedlings back from Troy Meyers.

These are joint venture Slippertalk member babies. The wardii are a cross from my old Paph wardii (original plant now deceased) and Gilda's wardii "Charles" in Feb 2006. The rothschildianum's are a cross between my plant and Paphman910's Mont Milas X Rex in April 2006. I can hardly wait to post the blooming of these guys.

Rick,
Nice & Healthy looking seedlings. How do you grow your seedlings? Light, temp, air movement, potting mix or moss. When do you start to feed them & what do you use?

Tom

Rick,
Nice & Healthy looking seedlings. How do you grow your seedlings? Light, temp, air movement, potting mix or moss. When do you start to feed them & what do you use?

Tom

I generally pot them up in a similar mix to what the adults are in but with more chopped sphagnum. The adult mix could be a standard CHC or bark mix, but the moss could make up about 50% of the total volume of the mix.

I start out the deflasked seedlings in my pleurothalid box, which generally keeps a humidity >70% and temps that range from 65 to 80. Light is fairly low at 600 to 1200 fc. There are some small fans in the box to promote airflow. Feeding is the same as for the adults (1X/week), but I generally wait a couple of weeks before starting that for seedlings. I use the MSU formula and low doses of Keikipro to get the pH in the high 5 low 6 range.

After settling in for a couple of months they get moved to the GH, and generally up near the swamp cooler in shadier spots.

Thats awesome :) I love flasks!

I actually got one of the Roth flasks from Troy Meyers as well, but had to cancel the shipping because of the weather here (along with my schedule; I haven't had enough time for the orchids). So someone else out there got it... hope it's someone here!

- Matt

Latest posts

Back