Quantcast

Slippertalk Ad in OD... Maybe?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

bwester

Reaction score
Heather mentioned this to me a while back and I largely dismissed it since the both of us together probably have the combined income of most big city bus drivers, but I do think it would be hella cool and if it really were to happen, I'd like to be able to look at it everyday and say "damn, that was worth it."
Dont know what to put on it though. If it was up to just me, this is what it would read:

"Help put an end to communism in the slipper orchid world!!!
Step on over to Slippertalk.com today"

but, this is everyones forum, so I am up for suggestions.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
I think that might be a little much (although I agree with you).

Doesn't the OD have a page of 'cyber-stuff' or whatever they call it? I seem to recall some page that gave some urls of sites they thought were interesting. Maybe you could get the same bang for free if you just contacted the editor of that section?

bwester

Reaction score
I think that might be a little much (although I agree with you).

Doesn't the OD have a page of 'cyber-stuff' or whatever they call it? I seem to recall some page that gave some urls of sites they thought were interesting. Maybe you could get the same bang for free if you just contacted the editor of that section?
Yeah, but I'd like a decent size ad that no one will miss.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Yeah, Ron Kauffman edits the webwatch at OD. I got SOF written up in it back in those early days, but so far he hasn't bitten at my invitation to give Slippertalk some free press.

Perhaps he needs to be reminded. Blake - do you want to try sending him an email? I just happen to be toting around Jason's Neo article and have his email on me so I'll send you a pm.

bwester

Reaction score
Yeah, Ron Kauffman edits the webwatch at OD. I got SOF written up in it back in those early days, but so far he hasn't bitten at my invitation to give Slippertalk some free press.

Perhaps he needs to be reminded. Blake - do you want to try sending him an email? I just happen to be toting around Jason's Neo article and have his email on me so I'll send you a pm.
Sure, can't hurt i guess.

ohio-guy

Reaction score
was it communism, or a dictatorship that was the problem in other forums? Seems to me the Theory of communism is worthwhile, it just never ever works.

What would the cost be to run an ad?
Are there benefits besides attracting new members?

bwester

Reaction score
was it communism, or a dictatorship that was the problem in other forums? Seems to me the Theory of communism is worthwhile, it just never ever works.

What would the cost be to run an ad?
Are there benefits besides attracting new members?
well, we'll hold off on a Marxist discussion for now :)
Heather knows the cost i think, but mostly it would be to get the name out a little bit.

E

Eric Muehlbauer

I remember the article about the SOF in the OD...what I liked best was that it was on the same page as an article about Steve Topletz' site....sometimes justice appears in the strangest places....I'm sure that the OD would run a small article if they were reminded. Take care, Eric

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Yeah, I came across that issue the other day. Kind of ironic.

I emailed Steve a couple weeks ago when people were wondering about why everything was down. No word. Wonder if he abdicated or something. :)

Maybe he's pulling a Matt Pederson on us. Shame. He was a cool guy!
We're working on getting in touch with Ron Kaufmann.

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
Is this coming up becasue Orchid Board put an ad in OD last issue?

Have you guys looked to see if its benifited them in terms of memberships and number of posts? I was surprised to see an add for an orchid forum, but I guess if Marty has the money, more power to him, if there numbers go up significantly then I guess it was money well spent.

Getting Ron K. to do a free write up is a much better plan.

Kyle

Latest posts