Slipper Orchids and marine aquariums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corals look like plants to many
Yet they are animals made up of individual polyps in a colony.
Blue Hippo Tang (Dory to some), a Yellow Tang and Darwin’s Black Clownfish (black species of Nemo to some) along with many soft corals, Ritteri Anemone and LPS (large polyp stony) Pearl coral in photo

Hoping the Ritteri Anemone will move from the front of the glass?
I actually encourage (place) Ritteri anemones to stay on the front glass. It prevents them from stinging and killing other corals, other fish stay away so as not to get ingested by the sticky anemone and makes a neat way to see the clowns feed/protect their host.
Here is my other tank with a larger Ritteri on the glass with the classic orange (Oscellaris) clowns (and a Copperband Butterflyfish in the photo to eat pest Aptasia anemones):
1610571502092.jpeg
1610571474394.jpeg

I have the battery operated pumps that turn on when power is lost. I use one per 25 gallons so my 150 gallon tank has 6. They last just over 48 hours with new batteries. I have 2 home generators that are not automatically connected but I connect if power lost for more than 12 hours for the home (run everything except air conditioner). Power loss is a real issue in my area of Florida during hurricane season. One year I was 11 days without power (Hurricane Charlie August 2001).

That is a wonderful enchanting world you've created at your home! Wow!!!

Latest posts

Back