Slipper blowout this weekend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
If you happen to be in the Dayton, OH area there is an orchid event in Kettering. This weekend (August 27-29) A link here

Before it gets cold, I have to move everything out of my remote facility - about 20 miles from my house - into my main facility (about 20 yards from my house) and need to make a lot of space. So far I have about 200 slipper orchids in boxes, huge variety, all pretty nice, and all $10. And a bunch of other embarrassingly cheap slippers, probably at least 80 more of those. Plus a bunch more really cheap other stuff. Seriously, come take advantage of me. Cheaper by the boxful. Sell them on e-bay, turn them into avant-garde art, heat your house with them, I don't care...

I'm not shipping anything at that price, or making lists until most of them are gone. So you'll have to come out and paw through the boxes yourself. There will be 11 other vendors there, come out and support them. It has been more than 18 months since the last show for some of them. :)
2019-07-20 14.51.51.jpg

Yes, I have about 16 different crosses of seedling phrags (2" pots), and maybe 40 phrags in 3.5" pots so far. :) But I have a couple hundred paphs to move.

10 hours from NYC!! :(
I wish I knew somebody else there.
Have a good show.
It's way more than 10 hours once you factor in traffic, food & bathroom breaks. I've made that drive before and it usually takes around 10.5 hours from northumberland county, PA. From NYC, I'd say at least 13.

Heh. If I am sold out I will be happy, but I doubt it. If I can come home with half as much stuff as I take I'll be in decent shape. Should be plenty to choose from on Saturday.

Heh. If I am sold out I will be happy, but I doubt it. If I can come home with half as much stuff as I take I'll be in decent shape. Should be plenty to choose from on Saturday.

You never know. ;) I will stop by and peek into some boxes on Saturday. Although this is not helpful for my down sizing efforts

You never know. ;) I will stop by and peek into some boxes on Saturday. Although this is not helpful for my down sizing efforts
If I send you some money could you pick up some for me?
I was checking flights and the cheapest RT is $280, If it were a bigger event I would do it, but...

Well, my goal was mostly accomplished. I sold about 250 paphs, maybe more. Awesome. Of course I lost money on each sale, but I didn't lose as much as if I'd left them out in the snow in a couple months. :)

The phrags did not sell as well, and I still have a good number left. If you are interested in phrags, drop me a message and I'll get you a list. It will be a week or so, probably. I still have to unpack from this show and get an online class started on Thursday.

major case of FOMO on that ... glad your mission was mostly accomplished...

i have 12 Sobralias sitting at a friends greenhouse since last fall from exactly that same problem...

Anybody want any Sobralias (flowering sized now) from Bruce Rogers... ;-)

Latest posts

Back