Slightly less bittersweet roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
I decided to order a select plant from Hilo, to erase the previous debacle from my memory.
Plant arrived in beautiful condition, but sadly, the flowers broke off in shipping. No big deal, really, but I'd have liked to have seen that bottom flower in person:
20210610_154140.jpg

I did manage to rehydrate the topmost flower. Obviously, being brought back from the dead affected the size and quality a little.
20210611_102742.jpg

Ohhhh is THAT where the other expensive one went lol
These newer generation Taiwanese lines seem to be blooming out very high quality. My main critique is that the petals can sometimes be a little narrow, and the striping does not go all the way to the petal base, but the dorsal sepals are incredible. Hilo has been posting 2-3 select roths a week for the past month-and-a-half. Makes me wonder what the ones they’re holding back for their stud bench look like. Mind-blowing!

You mean the ones I can't afford? Lol. I'd say 31-33cm with 6.5+ dorsals and 2cm petal width on the first bloom.
I'm happy with the 1.8cm petal width of mine. It'll be 2+ next time.

These Hilo plants have been single-growth first time bloomers, usually with a small start. I think on a mature plant they’re really going to be something. Fingers crossed!

Back