Slc. Pink Opal 'A'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is easy for me. The cross is Sl. Minipet 'Ruby Jewel' x S. wittigiana - 'Pink Opal' AM/AOS according to Peter Lin's website. I have it growing in an orchidarium in one of those octagonal net pots that has been slipped into a slotted pot. The potting mix is small Orchiata bark, small red lava rock and small charcoal in equal portions. I placed a small amount of lava rock in the bottom of the slotted pot in the space that exists at the bottom of slotted pot. This serves to capture some water and provides humidity to the roots so the potting material doesn't dry out too fast. I water once a week, flushing well with RO water and then fertilizer water. It also gets some moisture daily when I mist the mounted miniatures that I have in growing in the orchidarium.

I'll take some pictures later today of the arrangement and post them.

It is easy for me. The cross is Sl. Minipet 'Ruby Jewel' x S. wittigiana - 'Pink Opal' AM/AOS according to Peter Lin's website. I have it growing in an orchidarium in one of those octagonal net pots that has been slipped into a slotted pot. The potting mix is small Orchiata bark, small red lava rock and small charcoal in equal portions. I placed a small amount of lava rock in the bottom of the slotted pot in the space that exists at the bottom of slotted pot. This serves to capture some water and provides humidity to the roots so the potting material doesn't dry out too fast. I water once a week, flushing well with RO water and then fertilizer water. It also gets some moisture daily when I mist the mounted miniatures that I have in growing in the orchidarium.

I'll take some pictures later today of the arrangement and post them.
I grow my witties, brevis and coccineas like that in the cool tank too. Some mounted on cork as they’re small and tight growths.

Back