Slc. Jillian Lee - 7 first bloom seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A wonderful cross. 7 of them popped into bloom this week, with 3 more in bud and the rest presumably imminent. Some of the ones flowering already have new growths with buds.

Color-wise a relatively narrow range so far- but with some variance.

There is 1 definite keeper in here- the rest will be sold at the show as hobby plants- but after taking this photo I think there is a second keeper as well- or at least a "bloom it once more" candidate.Slc Jillian Lee x 7.JPG

In reply to all,

These came from SVO recently- a remake of the cross.

And yes- while I grow indoors, these seem more heat tolerant than I would have expected for an Orpetii cross. In my indoor conditions they do well, but coming from commercial greenhouses in the US such plants often get to me a little rough looking. But these were pristine and they are already highly prolific. When they arrived a few weeks ago, only 3 were in bud- and now 10 are in bud, some with more than one growth blooming. The new growths are coming along fast, and all budding.

Interesting note on the color- that second from the left on top is how most of these looked at first opening- a rich magenta. But within 2-3 days that settles into reddish shades. But that one is still more purple- so it may stay that way.

Front far right is the homerun winner. Best form, great color and the size beats all but one existing AOS award.

Back far left is my #2- a little smaller but a really lovely tangerine color that is unique among the ones bloomed so far. Also excellent form.

Front left is my #3 and I may keep it. Big flower, and not the best form- but it has a subtle pink splash across the petals that makes it glow and very hard to photograph.

I am going to put all 3 in the show tomorrow for ribbon judging and we will see what happens!

I really like back right, it’s almost perfectly round, and the petals almost touch. It might be bigger and flatter on a second bloom, I’d hold on to that one too!

Latest posts

Back