single plant or compot.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a multi growth plant to me, remember bess is a climber so it could give the illusion of being a compot. I doubt that there is anyway to tell without unpotting & what difference would it make?

Eric, I personally know the seller and if he says it's a plant and not a compot, that's what it is. If you want I can pick it up for you and babysit it since I'll be seeing him tonight:evil:

Eric, I personally know the seller and if he says it's a plant and not a compot, that's what it is. If you want I can pick it up for you and babysit it since I'll be seeing him tonight:evil:

Yes please do that. I'll split the cost w/ you, so you only pay half to enjoy the plant for a while. :D

How can she get it tonight? The bidding doesn't end for another 4 days!

You can end the auction early for the right bid/offer. Plus, he's probably got several more just like it.

Candace, I understand what you wrote but I am now very interested in the plant. The spike stems each appear to be different colors, one green and one brown the othere not sure. This would indicate different plants to me. Very interesting to see what it is. Super but either way.

The one brownish spike just looks like it's on it's way out. It looks like a healthy multi-growth plant. I guess I just don't see anything unusual about it other than it's well-grown.

The normal Phrag besseae starts out with a green stem that turns red brown as it ages. The new bracts usually are green......

This plant is pretty compact for Phrag besseae, whereas most have rhizomes that open the plant as well as grow it out of the pot. The perspective of the photo doesn't really show that. Is it possible that this one is Phrag Jersey?

Back