Signs of Spring

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my yard today!!

Hepaticas2012007.jpg

geese2012005.jpg

geese2012007.jpg

geese2012011.jpg

geese2012010.jpg

Hopefully the snapping turtle got frisky.
Been sooooo long since we have seen youngsters.

we have enough snakes, coyotes and turtles that we should export some to our northern and southern neighbors!

i expect that that snapping turtle has enjoyed many a snack based on goslings

Ah, foie gras on the hoof, yummy! When I was young kid we used the think that Canada geese were unusual and a delight to see - a decade or two later they were around every lake and public part leaving their poop everywhere.

Any snow left in the highest peaks of the Catskills Tom? Probably a silly question, though I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few patches up on Slide Mountain. A student of mine just went to the Japanese Alps (elevations in the 8,000-10,000 ft range), and said that at the higher elevations there were still spots with 10 feet of snow. Crazy.

Sometimes I miss NY state, though the winters there would prevent me from ever wanting to live there again. Enjoy spring!

I co-worker of mine came back from Maine skiing recently and said there was only slush. snow was relatively inconsistent in the NE this year, I think. :eek:

Back