Shun-Fa Golden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I was worried that I may not see it bloom before my trip, but the fat bud suddenly started opening up over the weekend. 😍
Paphiopedilum Shun-Fa Golden
(hangianum ‘hang118’ x malipoense ‘Bear’)
It is blooming for the second time.
The first was October 2020.
The strongly fragrant (sweet citrusy, baby powder like scent) flower is huge with each petal length at 10cm 🥰 big enough to cover my face.
The downside this time is that the dorsal is already curling back badly, and the flower is not even fully open yet.

**Grown & bloomed under T8**
**No repotting for a few years**
CF754C8C-6866-43F8-A8F6-D97EF1F2B27E.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks very well grown...I see what you mean with the dorsal, but still a pretty impressing view! A much better result than my SF plantlet, that succumbed to rot! 😭
It is quite impressive in person. The sheer size of the flower alone is enough to impress, I'd say! :)
And the fragrance is pleasant.
If you get a chance to buy a seedling, try and get as large a plant as possible. I have tried a few and these are VERY VERY slow and I do not want to buy seedlings of this cross again unless they are at least 6-7 inch in length.

This looks beautiful. Love your description of the smell. Sounds like another one to put on my wish list! Thank you so very much for sharing.
It's among my favorites! I love hangianum priamary hybrids.
Try and get yourself as large as plant as possible. I find these very slow. Once they bloom, they seem to grow and bloom well.

Very impressive growing. And with T8's, now that's good information.
Thanks.
Yeah, I have one under T8 (two 4ft tubes 15-16inches over the plant) and one near the window with heavy shading.
They seem to do fine in either light when compared side by side.

Back