showy ladyslippers and more

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here is an opening pic of a showy ladyslipper on some private property just south of the adirondacks. there are also at different times yellow ladyslippers, pink ladyslippers (one white plant that pops up once in a while), bog candles, rose pogonias, grass pinks and loesel's twayblades. there were a decent number of flowers this year that were triples on a plant, and a good number that had some dark pink to the flowers. flowering is also spread out quite a bit this year throughout the site; last weekend there were a good number in one area that were already faded with age and a great number that were freshly open. Also were decent amount that were still tight buds and others that looked like they were still coming up with buds wrapped in the leaves.

1showy608.JPG

the sweetheart of the bunch...

there will be much more and maybe a cameo appearance in a few days......:ninja:

thanks! I wandered around and saw this plant with a dark flower, and the sun both shining on the front of the lip and with some of the light shining through from the back; kind of makes the flower glow a little. the bright light can really pop the white of the showies.
i'd be happy to find a white showy ladyslipper someday, but so far i've only found all-white versions of showy orchis, pink ladyslipper and lesser purple fringed orchis

Latest posts

Back