Showies from New England Wild Flower Society

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the cabinfever flower fix, I hope these beauties are in a well protected place.
Lindafrog in snowland

I tried to be a bit vague....
I think they are well protected.

There are definitely benefits to working for the Society. We have a lot of good people involved.

If anyone is going to the Spring Flower Show in Boston, March 6-18, I'll be there wearing 2 hats on Wed. March 12th! Stop by our booths (the NE Wild one and the NE Orchid Society's which is ALL SLIPPERS! WAHOO!!)

Hope to have new cards made up by then. Weekend project.

We'll have to come take a look. We have some Cyp. acaule, as well as several other species of orchids, available to see around here.

We also planted some nursery grown reginaes, hopefully they will come up this year.

G - these aren't at the Society, though we do have plans for a new planting area involving reginae this spring. These are at one of our more northern sanctuaries (email me if you wish for more info.) That said, we'd welcome you and Katie to come down any time! May is certainly the best season. There's a nice parviflorum clump growing right outside my office door. :)

You are lucky to have acaule, it is the trickiest. I only saw one blooming at GITW this past season.
I think you need some kentuckiense or parviflorum too...we also sell some GREAT hybrids. Such as this one:

img13721ey2ms0.jpg

Latest posts

Back