Show plants at IPA symposium this past weekend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
I had a great time at this past weekend's IPA symposium in Orlando, FL, hosted by Frank Smith. It is the best IPA symposium I've been to and I have been to many of them. Everything is great about this event. People, flowers, lectures, and hospitality from Krull-Smith. I probably put on 5 lbs this weekend.

I took photos of show plants with my iphone 4S. I took these quickly so that I can spend more time at the sales table. So much going on at the preview party that I don't think I took photos of every plant.

IPA show plants
IPA_judging_table_20120824_(1).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(2).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(3).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(4).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(5).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(6).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(7).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(8).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(9).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(10).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(11).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(12).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(13).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(14).JPG

IPA_judging_table_20120824_(15).JPG

I am limited to 15 images.

If you are interested to see Frank's gorgeous phalaenopsis - use this link for more photos taken by others. These are probably the very best grown plants today.
http://www.phalaenopsis.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12902

My gosh, the guy who made that first post in Peter's link is a real blowhard!

Looks like bellina city!!

That monster near the top looks like it could have received a cultural award.

The Phal. violacea in pic #7 won a CCM/AOS.

Everyone might want to check out that last photo with the glorious cut flower grown by Orchidaceae - it's Paph. Wössner Vietnam Star (rothschildianum x vietnamense). The color was INTENSE and the flower form was spectacular. As I understand it there was a bit of confusion and the paphs just got overlooked and weren't even considered for judging.

What's the belina-like one that is third from the bottom? I've seen that shape before, but the name escapes me. It's spectacular.

you all should go read the thread in his link...frank's greenhouse is jawdropping.
It's a phenominal work of art. It took me a while to figure out that it was a GH not a museum or something. Very cool that Peter was invited to see it.

The Phal. violacea in pic #7 won a CCM/AOS.

Yup that's the one I was talking about, and I see the tag says violacea.

But it sure has bellina like coloration. Was this plant just running under the old name, or is the angle such that it is more like a regular violacea?

Latest posts

Back