shot in the dark...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have some in a little while - not sure how long it takes to mature, any idea

I don't either, but been meaning to get some. Like many types of plants, I once had a nice collection of Impatiens species...then got out of collecting them and have few left...pesky winter.

Slightly off topic, but the native yellow and orange ones(pallida and capensis) are easily the best Poison Ivy remedy I've ever used. The stems are very watery, and the juice is easily crushed out of them and applied to the infected areas and relief is almost immediate. If you ever get poison ivy, I strongly recommend trying it.

Jon
________
Rx-8

Last edited:
thanks. i'm a bit weary of international shipping, but...
for several years i grew touch-me-not (Imp. capensis) for a researcher. now, i get to point it out to people when i see it. "no really, touch it" he says expecting the person to jump when the pod ...disperses its seed through explosive dehiscence....
people don't always believe me when i tell 'em it's an Imp. oh well.

It should not be a problem importing small amounts of seeds without a phyto...using a small lots of seed permit, this will allow you to import 50 large seeds OR 10g of small seeds...but must not exceed the 10 gram limit. Each packet must be limited to 50 seeds of 1 taxon per packet; OR a maximum weight not to exceed 10 grams of seed of 1 taxon, per packet.

The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/forms/ppqform587.pdf

We use this for Clivia seeds

kool. thanks! i don't know if it'd be okay, but i've got some Anthurium pedatoradiatum seeds that are almost ready to germinate...actually, some have just started! it's a super slow grower with great purple-ish inflorescences. it's hard to find images, but....

Latest posts

Back