Shin-Yi...?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Unlabelled multiflora hybrid. One of my most expensive purchases, but cannot resist those large stunning flowers. This is the only one in the shop. A very large single growth with 'SYP' written on the a leaf. I'm guessing Shin-Yi Prince (PEOY x sander) or Shin-Yi Princess (roth x Booth's Sand Lady).. Booth's Sand Lady = Lady Isabel x sander. The white ovaries makes me think the former.. what do you think?

DSC_0142_zps05e7ea1a.jpg

DSC_0147_zpsf1a6ba2f.jpg

DSC_0196_zpsa1958fa3.jpg

DSC_0159_zps089c418a.jpg

DSC_0140_zpsdb4ab3d1.jpg

That is Shin-Yi Pride. One of the new basic building blocks being used for the multifloral hybrid craze! MK X roth

The owner of Hung Sheng orchids told me it is likely Shin-Yi Princess (roth x Booth's Sand Lady). Does look like this pic over here..

http://www.toga.org.tw/eng/images/200909/1252909961262458328.jpg

It certainly is possible. There doesn't seem to be much input from the stonei if that is the case (which some seedlings won't). These complex hybrids will show a lot of variation so it is possible some seedlings of Shin-Yi Princess and SY Pride will look pretty similar. Does this plant come from Hung Sheng? If it does then they will know.

There's not much out there, for Pics of S-Yi Princess but what I see with S-Yi Pride's the tip of the staminodes are pointed or almost pointed, where as, the Princess' staminode tips are broader from the stonei influence. Maybe, this will help.

(P.S. What I can tell of yours, looks broader:wink:)

Back