Shin-Yi Williams x sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right at 12 inches for its first blooming. My MK where short until the 3rd blooming then they where in the 20 inch range. I'm expecting the same here.

Beautiful flowers on an obviously healthy plant with nice shiny leaves. Why are your greenhouse shelves so empty???

Yes the pricing is great Rudolf. I haven't ask but I'm thinking with the world situation and no shows going on, Sam must of lower his pricing to move product.
I've done some price comparisons with other slipper vendors and Sam is at least 10% lower and in most cases a higher percentage then 10.

Bloody spider mites. I had a problem a year of so ago. Had to go 'nuclear' to sort it out.

I never use to have an issue with spider mites. But a couple of years ago they started to create problems and it has just got worse. It took me a while to identify the culprit. I find that the damage they do to the leaves enables infection to take hold and I end up losing lots of leaves due to rot. The rot is just a symptom of the spider mites. What did you use to get rid of the mites Stephen? I have been using Azamax as recommended by Ray. Hard to tell if it has been effective. It might take a while before I can measure that.

I have been using Azamax as recommended by Ray. Hard to tell if it has been effective. It might take a while before I can measure that.
My experience with spider mites and Azamax was on New Guinea impatiens growing in flower boxes out on my deck. I did two treatments a week apart - 2 oz/gal (31 ml/L) with some liquid dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent.

The plants are in full sun and they lost a lot of the leaves, but they grew back, sans mites, quickly.

Latest posts

Back