Shin Yi Omar

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Here is my Paph Shin Yi Omar (Saint Swithin 'Wallula' x William Ambler 'Dark Horse' AM/AOS)

I posted a preview of this in my philippinense thread and even though only the second flower is beginning to open I figured I would get other people's opinions on it.
Being perfectly honest with myself, I am a little disappointed with it as I was hoping that with the double shot of roth the petals would be fairly horizontally held but they pretty much go straight down.
It has good size with a 5.1cm dorsal and decent petal width at 1.25cm and I feel a bit rich for complaining about a plant that grows well and is spiking with 6 buds...
P8OwbHQl.jpg

TKfdXeml.jpg

v0DjlP0l.jpg

It looks like there is kolo or randsii in it, nonetheless congrats on the blooming!!

That is the luck of the draw with these more complex multi hybrids. This cross will have so much variation. Unfortunately not a lot of the roths has come through while I can see a hell a lot of phillipinense (petal stance, pouch colour., flower count). You can especially see the wilhelminiae in the petals.

I disagree with Troy on the kolo and the randsii influence. I think the label is true. You just lucked out a bit. Still with 6 flowers open I'm sure it will still look a sight.

yeah, funny thing is that this one has a stronger roth fragrance than any of my roths. Normally I can only smell a roth if I put my face up to the flower, this one I can smell from about 2 feet away.

Nice flowers.....and they would look much better if the colouration of the flowers and the background wasn't almost identically.

Latest posts

Back