She does it again and again - Trichopilia tortilis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like every year my Trichopilia tortilis flowers like clockwork anually in July. Last year I posted fotos of her at July 15th, this year ten days later.
First two photos of the whole plant from different angles......

08812_22.07.25_trichopilia_tortilis.jpg

08814_22.07.25_trichopilia_tortilis.jpg

....and now two photos of two different flowers.

08816_22.07.25_trichopilia_tortilis.jpg

08818_22.07.25_trichopilia_tortilis.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's a really nicely grown and bloomed Trichopilia. Thanks for sharing. Any tips?
Eric, I often wrote here before tht I grow my orchids slightly diferent as growers do usually. So I do with my Trichopilia. The plant sits in an inoganic potting medium (cut Styrofoam stripes) and I Can't really remenber ever repotted her. I water it once a week not mor often but always with few fertilizer. That's all.

GuRu, that is indeed a beautiful specimen! I am just starting to grow these wonderful orchids and would love some tips from you. Can you tell me what medium you are using? I have to grow indoors under LED lights (from botanicalledsdotcom, used to be theorchidhobbyist). Thanks so much, I know mine may never get as beautiful as yours, but I'm going to have fun trying!

GuRu, that is indeed a beautiful specimen! I am just starting to grow these wonderful orchids and would love some tips from you. Can you tell me what medium you are using? I have to grow indoors under LED lights (from botanicalledsdotcom, used to be theorchidhobbyist). Thanks so much, I know mine may never get as beautiful as yours, but I'm going to have fun trying!
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I would like to give you some advice but I think I will disappoint you, because I grow all my orchids different from what other growers do and what is written in books. Maybe you did'nt read posting #4 in this thread. She gets the same light as Catts..... and that's all.

Latest posts

Back