Sevin?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYEric said:
Sevin will reduce your sperm count and make your children mutate!

I dont want kids, so I'll definitely be using it then.

The main thing I don't like about Sevin(so I've never used it) is that it's non selective in it's destruction:> It kills the good guys, bees and other pollinators as well as the bad. Since you'd be using it in the g.h. I doubt it will do any major damage. I stick with Merit and Orthene WP for orchids and try to be as organic as possible in our small orchard. Be very careful if you use the Sevin, protective mask and eyewear etc.

Pesticides

Merit and Orthene are much safer to the user and the environment. If you aren't trying to control mites, both are good choices. Merit has one major point over Orthene, no odor. Good mite control can be had with Talstar.

Ken Brewer

Inverness said:
Merit and Orthene are much safer to the user and the environment. If you aren't trying to control mites, both are good choices. Merit has one major point over Orthene, no odor. Good mite control can be had with Talstar.

Ken Brewer

when it comes to that, I just dont really care. I have a respirator and was once seen in my front yard in boots, boxer shorts a respirator on, beer in one hand and a sprayer with arsenic in the other trying to kill crab grass. wish i had a pic of that.

Latest posts

Back