Several paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DavidH

I've been busy with the newborn, so I haven't upload many pictures in several months. However, today I put him in a backpack carrier, brought him into the greenhouse, took pictures of several flowers, and accidentally bonked him in the head with the hanging heater on my way out (You can see one of them in the background) . I'm hoping the red mark on his forehead fades before my wife gets home.

So, let me quickly upload these photos while I try and think up a great story to tell her if she notices, before admitting the truth.

This is a first bloom Dollgoldi. Huge flower, very small plant. I have several Dollgoldi's, but the plant leaves on this one are only about 4-6" long, as compared to 8-12" on my others.

Dollgoldi09042008.jpg

Next up is my most recent bellatulum.

bellatulum09042008.jpg

This one was a surprise. primulinum flavum x delenatii.

primulinumflavumXdelenatii09042008.jpg

angthong alba x leucochilum alba. Beautiful white and very shapely!

angthongalbaXleucochilumalba0904200.jpg

volonteanum. 2 foot spike. There's another spike with a forming bud from another growth about 6" below this one.

volonteanum09042008.jpg

One of my favorites, Magic Lantern. The pouch seems a little small.

magiclantern09042008.jpg

And my most prized possession until he turns 18!

Amanda x David. He looks like a miniature version of the pollen parent, based on baby photo and side by side comparisons. He's posing with his grandfather's fox hunting gear.

IMG_0792.jpg

However, today I put him in a backpack carrier, brought him into the greenhouse, took pictures of several flowers, and accidentally bonked him in the head with the hanging heater on my way out (You can see one of them in the background) . I'm hoping the red mark on his forehead fades before my wife gets home.

I'm sorry, but I laughed hard at this one. I've got a couple of similar stories of when my daughter was a baby. But none with the next one, my son. Hmmm. Maybe we do make our boo-boos with the first one and the second one is safe:> He's adorable.

I know you're very busy with the baby and so as to make life a tad easier for you, you can mail me the angthong alba x leucochilum alba. You've got things to do, diapers to change and red marks to rub away. I don't want any plants to distract you.

Awesome!
I had a small Dollgoldi but it went to Dollheaven. I desperately need a new one but they are not easy to find over here.

I'm still waiting for My Dollgoldi to bloom. I love yours.

Your Dollbaby is aslo a keeper. Babies are a lot of work....but worth every minute of it although when he becomes a teenager, you may rethink your 'most prized possession' remark.

Very nice plants David. Nice even coloring on the Magic L and I thought I was looking at a sangii at first when I saw your volonteanum! Really sweet alba you have and Dollgoldi is almost as big as junior;) What's your trick to blooming the Dollgoldi? Is it multi-growth?

Rick H

Your post really made me laugh. I hope the Dollbaby is okay. As adorable as he is I think I'll take this one, possibly a little easier to look after.

angthongalbaXleucochilumalba0904200.jpg

This is a first bloom Dollgoldi. Huge flower, very small plant. I have several Dollgoldi's, but the plant leaves on this one are only about 4-6" long, as compared to 8-12" on my others.

Do you think the small size of the plant is the particular strain? That is about the size I need in my cramped light stand.

One of my all time favorites you have blooming and that's the dollgoldi. That said, I really love the angthong alba x leucochilum alba. It has a good shape to it. I've only bloomed one alba and the shape was terrible. I think it was leucochilum alba or bellatulum alba. In any case yours is ten time nicer. Good job.

Good news! The red spot faded on the Dollbaby!!!

My wife actually looked at me when I told her the truth and started laughing, then assured me that she trusts me looking after him and wanted me to help her check out the backpack for her use!

As for the Dollgoldi, I'll have to check and see if the armeniacum was the pod parent as compared to the roth. All my Dollgoldi's that have bloomed all have two flowers. In each case, they don't bloom until there's 3-5 growths on the plant.

That Dollgoldi is particularly fetching. I see one of our Canadian vendors is selling a compot w/3 plants in it for $40. They're coming to our local orchid society show in October. Hmmm....

Latest posts

Back