• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Several Paphs and more 4 sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

Okay, I seriously need to cut back or I’m going to stop enjoying this hobby. So, I’ve thrown out a bunch of plants that just weren’t doing well, I’m selling a few that are doing well, and I’m kind of packaging a bunch together that are somewhere in between (not dead but not terribly happy either) and selling that bunch as a group with the proceeds going to the SlipperTalk forum. (And if nobody wants them, I'll just give Heather a donation anyway :) - Hey, there's an idea, I'll just ship 'em to her!

Prices below do NOT include shipping, I’m estimating around $8.00 via USPS priority mail for a package, but if you’re west coast or buying several of these (i.e., larger box) it may be more. If you decide to buy anything, I’d rather get the plants to USPS and see how much the shipping is going to cost, then let you know the “final” price, if that’s okay.

Ok here we go. You can see photos of all of these plants, shot just two days ago, here - all of the blooms pictured are of the plants themselves:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jga/sets/72157600690998342/

I've included a few of the photos below, but do check the link to see them all.

$45 - Bl. Little Stars: 50 or so pseudobulbs (PBs), I'm allergic to it, go figure. Potted in hydroton, but not grown as semi-hydro, just water it once or twice a week.

743060464_bcc22fd59a.jpg

742306243_f3d9fb94f3.jpg

$20 - Phrag calurum: 1PB currently blooming,1 mature PB, 1 new PB. Grows sitting in a pool of water, loves it. The flower below is actually darker in person.

743060290_ec33df63b3.jpg

$40 - Phrag calurum: 1old pb, 1 currently blooming, 3 mature, 4new - in spike. Also grows sitting in about an inch of water, loves it.

742192517_9355c0adcd.jpg

743056990_0f74a3da3d.jpg

$30 - Paph moquettianum x psyche 'Catatonk Two': 1bloomed fan,1mature

742196771_e74b03f712.jpg

$25 - Brassia Eternal Wind: 5 PBs, in spike - blooms every six months like clockwork, lightly fragrant.

742192881_fb4d865d4a.jpg

742193277_d0f7e6364a.jpg

$45 - Enc cochleata ('Seible's' x 'Spy Hill' AM/AOS): 11 PBs with 2 new starts, three spikes in bloom - gorgeous flowers on this thing, just too big of a plant now. I’ve been told this thing might be awardable – it’s just too big for me :-( This baby is heavy, it’s potted in hydroton and growing as semi-hydro, and loving it. I can unpot and send bare root for shipping, which is probably wise due to the weight.

743059126_71ccb5f232.jpg

743058816_eeaa72ab63.jpg

PROCEEDS FROM THE FOLLOWING BATCH OF PLANTS GO TO THE SLIPPERTALK FORUM

The following plants, below, are struggling, but there are some nice crosses if you can get them happy again. I’ve had several of them in semi-hydro, but they’re just not happy. I’d like to sell the lot to the highest bidder, with the proceeds going to Heather and the forum owners to support the forum (shipping is extra, though they should fit nicely in a $8.00 shipping box or so) - meaning, I prefer to sell them ALL to ONE person. So make a bid on ALL of them together.

I’ll let this post sit for the weekend before I close the bidding on these (if there is any bidding at all). Either post your bid as a response, or message me privately and I’ll post your bid “anonymously” for you. In the photos below, I’ve removed all the bad roots, so the roots you see are nice firm roots. And if nobody is bidding at all on these babies in the next 24 hours or so, I may just let folks bid on individual plants if they want, plan to the highest bidder (and then you pay postage).

I have photos of all of these at the flickr link:

Phrag fischeri, two seedlings.

Paph niveum “Snow Dancer’ x ‘White Virgin’, seedling

Paph Wend Valley ‘Valentine’ x Keyshill ‘Royal Fantasy’, seedling [Marriott cross]

Paph Kimberley Szabo x Anna Szabo (nice cross), seedling

Paph lowii x sib, seedling

Phrag Fox Valley Fireball (Barbara LeAnn ‘select’ x Rosalie Dixler ‘FV’), seedling – very nice new cross from Fox Valley, beautiful purplish flower on a sib that Tom owns.

Paph Dollgoldi (roth. ‘Sherwood’ AM/AOS x armen. ‘Nova’ FCC/AOS), seedling – nice cross from Sherwood. Some issues with the leaves this summer, I think they got too hot outside.

Paph Charles Sladden (bellatulum ‘Red Giant’ x glaucophyllum v. moquetteanum ‘Eureka’ AM/AOS) – one fan previously bloomed fan, one small fan, two small nubs starting at the base. This plant recently started have leaf die back, I have no idea why, but that’s why I’m putting it in the pot-luck bin rather than selling it as a separate plant. It bloomed previously and was quite nice. Pics on the flickr acct.

Phal. Baldan's Kaleidoscope. A nice mature reliable bloomer, this thing has bloomed a lot the past year that I’ve had it. This one isn’t struggling, but it’s relatively common, so I just figured I’d throw it in to the grab bag.

Yeah! Thanks :) And keep in mind, you're bidding on the entire lot in the second half of the post (the plants in the first half are being sold individually, prices noted), and 100% of the winning bid on the entire lot will go Heather and John and whoever else run this forum. Shipping extra. And honestly, if there's a plant or two you really don't want in the lot, I won't ship it to you, I'll just throw it out - so the little plant's life is on your head [evil snicker]

ROFL I could never have that on my head.....I never toss out orchid plants until they are reduced to little shriveled dried matter....I always think maybe by some miracle they might send out one last growth and I might save.....so LOL before you throw away plants donate them to worthy ppl like me ROFL....and yeah I knew the $25 bid was for the whole last group and I know there will be lots more bids on them **sigh** the first bid never wins

Well I've been playing the "let's give that darn plant one last try" game for 4 years now - well, 4 years with orchids, decades with non-orchids - and suddenly this past winter the plants started to switch from "fun" to "chore." And I didn't like that. The sheer number of them, but also have a number of them doing badly started bugging me too, like a constant reminder of failure (also, I'm the guy who felt bad that my first live Christmas tree in my own apartment was basically a decapitated plant that was slowly dying in my living room - and I used to yell at my parents when they DIDN'T have a live tree). Anyway, I just didn't have it in me to keep the stragglers, and at the same time I didn't have it in me to mail 40 plants to 40 different people - so, the real strugglers went bye-bye, which is kind of a feat for me, being someone who has too much junk in my apartment :)

Anyway, the next time I plan to throw something out I'll at least inquire if any of you are in the DC area and interested, because I'd rather give stuff away than chuck it any day. I still fill a "tad" guilty throwing away live plants, but at least I can now walk on my balcony again :)

yeah I figured out the other day I have to many orchids when I said to myself that I had a certian plant and then spent the next hour picking up 125 pots trying to find it.....my enabler<a british lady that is a very good friend of mine She has lived in the states for 20+ years but she will always be the british lady> decide not long ago that she should buy me a shelving unit thats 4' wide x18" deep x 6' tall....which worked great I could put all my orchid plants in front of the big west facing window in my living room where I grow most of my orchids actually I think it is a NW facing window but I always say west.....well then not to long ago she decided she should give me some $$ to buy a few plants to add to my collection LOL not that I am complaining but thats why I call her my enabler......now the rack is full plus I once again have plants on my coffee table and on top the TV...OH well there is ALWAYS room for more orchids right????

John,
I am raising it to $40.
BTW I am in the DC area. In Falls Church.

Great, and I'm happy to have someone stop by rather than mail these. Much happier :)

Okay, well, by the end of the day I'm going to call it quits on the bidding for the hodge podge of plants, the proceeds of which are going to the forum.

As for the other plants, the first half, no one has shown any interest. So, at this point, make me an offer (and shipping will still be extra). Otherwise, I'm seriously throwing these plants out, they're not staying on my balcony any longer :)

Make an offer on each of the top plants individually, sorry for the confusion :)

Latest update on what's available...

Latest update.

The latest bid on the assortment of plants in the bottom half of the first post in this thread (see list below), the proceeds of which will go to this esteemed forum, is $40 (not including shipping). Do I hear $50? :) This is the list again, and you are getting ALL of these plants for your bid.

I have photos of all of these at the flickr link:

Phrag fischeri, two seedlings.

Paph niveum “Snow Dancer’ x ‘White Virgin’, seedling

Paph Wend Valley ‘Valentine’ x Keyshill ‘Royal Fantasy’, seedling [Marriott cross]

Paph Kimberley Szabo x Anna Szabo (nice cross), seedling

Paph lowii x sib, seedling

Phrag Fox Valley Fireball (Barbara LeAnn ‘select’ x Rosalie Dixler ‘FV’), seedling – very nice new cross from Fox Valley, beautiful purplish flower on a sib that Tom owns.

Paph Dollgoldi (roth. ‘Sherwood’ AM/AOS x armen. ‘Nova’ FCC/AOS), seedling – nice cross from Sherwood. Some issues with the leaves this summer, I think they got too hot outside.

Paph Charles Sladden (bellatulum ‘Red Giant’ x glaucophyllum v. moquetteanum ‘Eureka’ AM/AOS) – one fan previously bloomed fan, one small fan, two small nubs starting at the base. This plant recently started have leaf die back, I have no idea why, but that’s why I’m putting it in the pot-luck bin rather than selling it as a separate plant. It bloomed previously and was quite nice. Pics on the flickr acct.

Phal. Baldan's Kaleidoscope. A nice mature reliable bloomer, this thing has bloomed a lot the past year that I’ve had it. This one isn’t struggling, but it’s relatively common, so I just figured I’d throw it in to the grab bag.

-------------

ADDITIONAL PLANTS FOR SALE

As for the other plants available, at the top of the list in the first post, the small Phrag calurum and the Enc cochleata are taken, but I still have the following available, and am happy to sell them to the highest bidder (regardless of the price marked), plus postage (meaning, hopefully an additional $10 or so for postage, depending how many you buy and where they're going to). I just need to get rid of these.

$45 - Bl. Little Stars: 50 or so pseudobulbs (PBs), I'm allergic to it, go figure. Potted in hydroton, but not grown as semi-hydro, just water it once or twice a week.

$40 - Phrag calurum: 1old fan, 1 fan currently blooming, 3 mature fans, 4 new fans - in spike. Grows sitting in about an inch of water, loves it.

$30 - Paph moquettianum x psyche 'Catatonk Two': 1bloomed fan,1mature. In bark.

$25 - Brassia Eternal Wind: 5 PBs, in spike - blooms every six months like clockwork, lightly fragrant. In hydroton, but just water it regularly, like once or twice a week.

Okay, TutoPeru gets the grab bag of plants for $40 (proceeds to Heather), and because he's in the DC area, I don't have to mail them! Yeah! Tuto says he'll take the remaining plants that no one bid on, and that's great, because I don't want 'em. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back