Sequential bloomer carrying three flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
This is Paph. Salvador Dali, a primary cross of (Paph. liemianum x victoria-regina). As a sequential bloomer it generally holds only one or two flowers at a time, but here I caught it with three, very closely spaced.

I wonder if this is from the progeny of the cross I made twenty years ago (it produced 50 flasks). The victoria regina ("council crest AM/AOS") was a really huge plant that had three flowers opened at once. The liemianum was a 'Birchwood' clone (Fox Valley)grower..and I forgot the grower's name, Roger Crawford maybe?

I wonder if this is from the progeny of the cross I made twenty years ago (it produced 50 flasks). The victoria regina ("council crest AM/AOS") was a really huge plant that had three flowers opened at once. The liemianum was a 'Birchwood' clone (Fox Valley)grower..and I forgot the grower's name, Roger Crawford maybe?

There are no clonal names on the tag but it is possible. The plant is a cabbage (large leaves are approx. 35 x 6.35cm).

My vr had three on the first three flowers, then it maintained two at a time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And as you can see, these are the first three flowers. I just don't remember it carrying three before (or any of my other sequential bloomers for that matter).

Back