SEPOS Show 2008

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
Well, I hope many of you made it to the show this year. Here are some pictures I snapped over the past few days.

The location is enchanting and makes for a great show. First year I ever got an award. My Bulb. echinolabium took 1st in society/amateur bulb. species and I was artistic director of the South Jersey Orchid Society's display. I've never done a display before, it was a bit nerve-wracking, but it was fun. We took the society display blue ribbon and the AOS show trophy. :)

Enjoy.

my three the night before setup...the echinolabium just cracking it's bud
Picture025.jpg

Thurday night and the displays in the soft lighting
Picture027.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Hallway in Longwood's conservatory lined with Miltonopsis hangning baskets
Picture054.jpg

Here are the things from the Krull-Smith display. Fabulous, which is on par for them.

Iantha Stage - Awarded a CCM several weeks earlier so it was not able to be judged this round. Also won best Paph in Commercial display and Best in Show. If I remember, it was 9 inflorescense and 20-some flowers.

Picture056.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Gloria Naugle awarded a 86 AM. Delicious.

Picture065.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Wellesleyanum "Krull-Smith"

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Krull's Butterfly 'Crystelle'

Picture061.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Cesar Delgado

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Frank, Jim, Mr Budree I know bringing all these plants back to FL is an enormous hassle. Toss them over the railing into the South Jersey Exhibit with name, that's T-Y not T-I-E, scribbled on the pots with marker.

I heard lots of people say how amazing the South Jersey display was/is. Good job!

I love the Acacia leprosa lining the walls in that Longwood room with the hanging miltonopsis.

What a bummer theat I couldn't make it! Thanks for posting the photos and try to bring that Gloria Naugle to NYC for me!:D
I guess the vendor I won't catch at another show is ecuagenera so...:(

That is beautiful!!! Congratulation to Frank fon all the awards!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Ramon:)

Thanks for sharing those great photos for those of us that could not be there. Jim.

Latest posts

Back