Semi-Hydro pot size poll

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite Semi-Hydro pot size? (other than 16 and 32 oz)

• 80 oz 7.4” diameter x 4.5” tall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 112 oz 7.4” diameter x 6.5” tall

• 128 oz 8.2” diameter x 6” tall

• 144 oz 8.2” diameter x 6.9” tall

• 160 oz 8.2” diameterx 7.6” tall

• 180 oz 9” diameter x 7” tall

• Total voters
E

Ernie

Semi-hydroponic folks,

I'm looking to buy a case of semi-hydro containers and can't decide which to get. Should start off by saying that I'll get a case of 32 oz 4.5” diameter x 5.5” tall containers regardless. I've been using these and clear 16 oz drinking cups and they work well for many of my plants. Just need something bigger for the mature Phals and specimen slippers in my collection. Anyway, from the list below, which would you find most useful based on volume, diameter, and height??? If you already use several of these sizes, which do you use most or would you recommend for the beginner s-h'er? We grow mostly phals and slippers with a couple mini Catts and odds and ends- nothing really high light.

64 oz 6.4” diameter x 4.5” tall
80 oz 7.4” diameter x 4.5” tall
96 oz 7.4” diameter x 5.4” tall
112 oz 7.4” diameter x 6.5” tall
112 oz 8.2” diameter x 5.25” tall
128 oz 7.4” diameter x 7.5” tall
128 oz 8.2” diameter x 6” tall
144 oz 8.2” diameter x 6.9” tall
160 oz 8.2” diameter x 7.6” tall
180 oz 9” diameter x 7” tall

Thanks,
Ernie

P.S. My first Poll, so pardon if it needs some tweaking.

Hi ernie.
didn't you mixed up the size of the pots? normally, they are taller than wider... at least those that I know and use...

Wow...I don't have too many plants in SH, but the largest of my pots meets the smallest of these sizes...usually they are in ..what?...9 oz clear plastic cups? Eric

Hi ernie.
didn't you mixed up the size of the pots? normally, they are taller than wider... at least those that I know and use...

Nope, I'm not drunk (this time). The sizes are correct. Some are short and stubby, others are tall. I guess maybe that was the point of my poll.

-Ernie

I find that paphs seem to prefer pots that are about as tall as the foliage is above the medium, although being a bit shorter does not seem to be an issue. I don't like "squat" pots for them.

Back