• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling Phrag Collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aarrgghh thats a loss, :-( sorry for that one!! luckly here on this site is phrag fanatics you could easily get a new one

Sorry, Troy. I didn't make the connection to Eric's post on the previous page. Bullsie commented about losing a plant (meaning it died) and your post, the very next one below Bullsie's, was very inappropriate and mean-spirited. I'm really glad that I misunderstood.

In my defense, Eric did not use the word "lost" in his post; but, Bullsie did. The wording of your reply seemed to be referencing Bullsie's post, not Eric's and that was supported by the fact that your post immediately followed Bullsie's. It was easy to wonder if you had a very odd sense of humour.

It does help to either view your post after you post it, just to be sure that it did in fact, appear immediately after the other person's post that you were commenting on; or, use the quote button in their post to quote the actual thing that you're adding comment about.

How many plants do you have? I presume that you've not yet become neck deep in them. When you do get there, you'll understand Eric's commment as being something perfectly reasonable! LOL! The opposite of losing track of a particular plant and not even knowing if you still have it, is to find something blooming in your collection that you didn't know you had! That happened to me this week. A lovely little pearcei-looking Phrag has come into bloom. It's got no tag and I can't remember anything about it. I have no idea where it came from, or when I got it. I often post photos of plants and accompany them with a story of it's history. But, I had no idea that I even had this one and I can't relay anything about it when/if I post a photo. As far as I know, it just materialized on the bench, all by itself! This is NOT the first time something that I didn't know I had and have no memory about, has just turned up in my greenhouse!

I'm sure no harm was meant. Yes, i do have a lot of plants, and I lost, as in killed, a bunch due to problems with the floors. Luckily, we have been able to increase watering the Phrags to reduce the losses. After our model train show, when things slow down, we are going to re-catalog all the plants.

I'm sure no harm was meant.

Well, yeah. That's clear now. We don't need to give Troy "the benefit of the doubt" because there is no doubt. NOW, it's clear and we know that no harm was meant. But, before we had the discussion that followed, it seemed like a very careless and mean-spirited thing to say.

You really are a **** disturber sometimes, Eric. Why stir the pot with your smart-ass crack? Maybe you should breathe, so that your brain gets some much needed oxygen?

This whole thing was resolved and settled. Troy said NOTHING wrong. His post was not written in the context it seemed to be at first. I misunderstood his comment (for the reasons already cited above). He deserves MORE than a "benefit of the doubt" comment from you. It's been clearly shown/proven that he meant no harm at all. It's settled and it's all good. Why must you keep commenting out of context, as if you don't "get" that there is no issue at all any longer?

life is too short, no need to stress, I like you people, are full of good information wisdom etc....

Ouch, sorry eric :-( from what I gather you are a very nice and intellegent person, I missunderstood you. sometimes I have a wild imagination gets the best of me

Latest posts

Back