• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Select roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score

30.5 ns with downswept petals
6.5 dorsal from front 6.8 from back
2.1 petals
19-20 cm petal length

Yeah I am selling this. Cross is redbarron x wide horizon. It was grown and bloomed in upstate ny. So it could do better, which is crazy, in another climate with a good grower.

That is a great price for a top level Roth. Check out Orchid Inn prices of older, less dynamic (by today's standard) roths. Wish I could afford it! For now I'll settle for Ed's leftovers :p

Why are you selling it, Ken?

To get money in return lol. I have many roths now. This one bloomed and it is really really nice. So it needs a new home and I can keep growing and blooming orchids.

Are you going to bring it for judging at the Summerfest in Massachusetts? I am planning to go on Friday but not Saturday.

Stunning plant!

Are you going to bring it for judging at the Summerfest in Massachusetts? I am planning to go on Friday but not Saturday.

Stunning plant!

No I don't go out of my way to participate in AOS judging. Don't find any value in it.

I strongly disagree. High end collectors I know don't care about awards. People who pay for select paphs know what they are looking at most of the time. They usually have a good idea of the market value as well since they help set it. Ignorant judges can only hurt valuable plants and good judging doesn't help. I've sold many select divisions and plants unawarded . So has the orchid zone for as long as I've been into paphs. The flower is what it is. In addition you can search on ST my problems with AOS judging.

For me an award from AOS means less than zero. It does create a record but I don't even trust the measurements taken. Can be highly personally motivated in many occasions. Seen too many issues. I want to see the flower for myself. If high end collectors and best breeders never take their plants to judging the AOS award means even less.

Latest posts

Back