• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selby Journal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

Anyone have access to Selbyana, the Journal of the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens? I have come across many interesting articles from this publication, however my instutution does not have access to it. While I wait for a possible interlibrary loan to go through, I thought I would ask people here if they have it. Specifically I am looking for Vol 26, issue 1 (2005). Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
cdub,

Most libraries have a service where they contact other libraries they are affiliated with to borrow the materials. Perhaps you could try this.

:evil:

I have only sporadic access to the journal, but have collected a few articles. I have pdfs of the following if they are among what you're looking for:

• Morrison, C; Hovatter, K et al. Molecular Identification of Cypripedioid Orchids in International Trade. Selbyana 26 (2):196-216; 2005.
  • Ferguson, C; Donham, K, Brown, J. Cypripedium fasciculatum (Orchidaceae): Anthesis and Fruit Set in Relationship to Diapriid Activity. Selbyana 26 (1):103-113; 2005.
  • Atwood, J; Dalstrom, S, Fernandez, R. Phragmipedium kovachii, A New species from Peru. Selbyana 23 (Supplement):1-4, June 12; 2002.
  • Beckner, J. A new combination in Paphiopedilum (Orchidaceae). Selbyana 23 (2):196; 2002.
  • Blinova, I. A Northernmost Population of Cypripedium calceolus L. (Orchidaceae): Demography, Flowering and Pollination. Selbyana 23 (1):111-120; 2002.
  • Atwood, J, Dressler, R. Clarifications and new combinations in the Phragmipedium caudatum complex from Central America. Selbyana 19 (2):245-248; 1998.
  • Whitlow, C. Cypripedium and Conservation Philosophy: A Practical and Personal Perspective. Selbyana 18 (2):183-185; 1997.
  • Sokolski, K; Dovholuk, A; Dovholuk, L, Faletra, P. Axenic Seed Culture and Micropropagation of Cypripedium reginae. Selbyana 18 (2):172-182; 1997.
  • Tsi, Z. A Provisional Checklist of the orchids of Ghizhou Province, China. Selbyana 18 (1):11-30; 1997.
  • Dalstrom, S. Phragmipedium besseae. A living legend. Selbyana 18 (1):6; 1997.
  • Atwood, J. The relationships of the slipper orchids (subfamily Cypripedioideae, Orchidaceae). Selbyana 7 (2/4):129-247, Aug; 1984.
  • Atwood, J, Williams, N. The Utility of Epidermal Cell Features in Phragmipedium and Paphiopedilum (Orchidaceae) for Determining Sterile Specimens. Selbyana 2 (4):356-366; 1978.
  • Newton, G, Williams, N. Pollen morphology of the Cypripedioideae and the Apostasioideae (Orchidaceae). Selbyana 2 (2/3):169-182, Sept; 1978.

--Stephen

PHRAG said:
cdub,

Most libraries have a service where they contact other libraries they are affiliated with to borrow the materials. Perhaps you could try this.

Ok I was about to bust out the "seriously annoyed" emoticon, but then my sarcastic side of the brain kicked on, luckily. That was funny. I like this forum.

If you need any journal from Selbyana, let me know... I am always there at the Research Center at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens (MSBG)...

-Pat

EDIT: I will look for that Issue most likely tommorow... =)

PHRAG said:

OK, that's what I get for skimming instead of reading.

I offer my back for wet noodle lashes.

Selbyana article

I need a copy of an article in Selbyana titled "Axenic seed culture and micropropagation of C. reginae" by Solkiske, Dpvoluk and Faletra in Selbyana 18-2: pp.172-182 I hope that you can help me. John

Back