Seeds available: Paph. (Orchilla 'Chilton' FCC/AOS x villosum 'Vixen' HCC/AOS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
I posted about this a while ago. Since then, I thought the pod aborted, and then the villosum parent was awarded, and then the pod dried and began to split.

I'm not at all sure that the seeds are viable, but they might be. If anybody would like to give flasking them a shot, I'll send them your way. My preference is for someone with a real lab (autoclave, flow hood, experience, etc.), but if I don't get a taker, I'll just send them to whomever'd like to play with them.

I'd ask only that, if they do germinate, I get some seedlings at some point down the road.

LMK if you're interested!

Sue, you could also send them to Troy Meyers do flasking for you privately. I've done it and it's not expensive. He can do a seed assay for you to tell you if there is any viable seed and what your expected germination rate would be.

You know, that's true. I hadn't looked at their site in a while, and the prices are reasonable. Maybe I'll just do that if nobody's super-excited about taking them.

Thanks!

I have no experience in the flasking dept but sounds like a nice cross! Good luck!

Sue,
I use Troy for all my flasking. He does the Assays for $24.00. per pod. & that includes flaking if it is viable. If not he credits my account $16.00 out of the $24.00. Then if the seed is viable it is $29.50 per flask with a minimum of 3 flasks.

Tom

Latest posts

Back