Sedirea japonica

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave b

Reaction score
100_2819.jpg

100_2822.jpg

:clap: They're so cute, suppose to be on the easy side & have a nice fragrance &
don't do well with me either Jean!:(

I'm with you Jean...I've had mine for 3yrs. and neary a bloom. It just keeps growing. I've tried different medium and different light. Only thing left is temperature drops. Any ideas...hints?

--Allen--

This is the first re-bloom of this one for a couple of years. I grow in front of south facing windows in the winter. Ive always let it get pretty high light. Slightly dryer and cooler in the winter. Outside in the summer. l do leave it outside in the fall until temps drop below the mid to upper 40's. It grows well in std, med grade bark mix. I kept it closer to the window on the shelf, so maybe the cooler winter period helped this time? Im not convinced i did anything too different this year to get it to bloom. 2 years ago it took a dive off my 2nd story balcony and tore a leaf and broke some roots. Im sure that didnt help.

Very nice. I like this species a lot even though it didn't do well for me either.

Im not convinced i did anything too different this year to get it to bloom. 2 years ago it took a dive off my 2nd story balcony and tore a leaf and broke some roots. Im sure that didnt help.

Actually, that's probably the secret. You scared it into extreme survival mode! :poke:

I have never seen sugh a big plant for these. I just have a feeling that I would kill one , so I will have to make do with looking at other's pics.

Latest posts

Back