• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Searching for Paphiopedilum helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought from them last summer. They are located in a country from the EU (can't remember which). Send an email if you want to be sure.
I send them an email but started checking them out a bit further and they charge over € 32 for shipping. Seems a bit high to send to a neighboring country.

I send them an email but started checking them out a bit further and they charge over € 32 for shipping. Seems a bit high to send to a neighboring country.
How come? I just received 4 very good quality plants from them and paid in total for shipping EUR 22?! There was a slight delay before the order was fullfilled, but plants of a very high quality and well worth waiting for!

That’s a normal shipping rate considering costs of high-quality shipping materials, time, COVID risk. I’m cheap as hell and I wouldn’t bat an eye.

To expand my collection I'm looking for:

Paphiopedilum helenae (divisions), ANY FORM OR COLOR

Europe only

please contact me at: [email protected].
Have to recommend Wenqing Perner of Huengdan Biotech. She has very nice P. helenae. Mine is from her and it’s adorable. She takes preorders abs visits Europe usually once a year. You’ll pay a set premium for the shipping whether one plant or a dozen. Her list of species is prodigious.

I just got one recently from Assendorfer but I think it might've been the last one :)
OrchidHouse Asia also imports them, I think you can request it then they will try to include it in their next import.

OrchidHouse Asia , NEVER AGAIN !!!!!
I ordered from them once last year, got all dying and dead plants from them. I'm still waiting for an answer to any of my emails. I spend a lot of money on that order and simply would like my money back. Send them pictures within 24 hours of the arrival of the plants. never heard back from them !!!!!! For me they belong to the group of sellers that must be prosecuted and never been allowed to trade anywhere in the world again. Such people belong In jail, not running A scam businesses. Even thinking of them makes my blood boil. They are top of the scam artists !!!!!

Assendorfer indeed is sold out, I had already checked them thanks

Last edited:
Have to recommend Wenqing Perner of Huengdan Biotech. She has very nice P. helenae. Mine is from her and it’s adorable. She takes preorders abs visits Europe usually once a year. You’ll pay a set premium for the shipping whether one plant or a dozen. Her list of species is prodigious.
I know Miss Perner well and am already in touch with her for a possible new order. most likely she will send to Europe after summer but the new Covid pandemic in China doesn't make things easy for her.

That’s a normal shipping rate considering costs of high-quality shipping materials, time, COVID risk. I’m cheap as hell and I wouldn’t bat an eye.

How come? I just received 4 very good quality plants from them and paid in total for shipping EUR 22?! There was a slight delay before the order was fullfilled, but plants of a very high quality and well worth waiting for!

Covid or not, Here the acceptable shipping rate isn't over € 16, specially since the parcel just has to cross the border of two countries.
However, I got an answer to my email with some very positive news

I must thank everyone here that replied.
Some good references AND most of all, there are P. helenae coming to broaden my collection.

Last edited:
OrchidHouse Asia , NEVER AGAIN !!!!!
I ordered from them once last year, got all dying and dead plants from them. I'm still waiting for an answer to any of my emails. I spend a lot of money on that order and simply would like my money back. Send them pictures within 24 hours of the arrival of the plants. never heard back from them !!!!!! For me they belong to the group of sellers that must be prosecuted and never been allowed to trade anywhere in the world again. Such people belong In jail, not running A scam businesses. Even thinking of them makes my blood boil. They are top of the scam artists !!!!!
As I've stated in another thread my experiences dealing with Orchidhouse Asia now over a couple of years, have been quite contrary to the grievances, ramp seems to have suffered:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/to-start-a-serious-slipper-collection-in-europe.53319/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back