Search for information on Paphiopedilum Woluwense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brabantia

Reaction score
We are looking for information about the origin of paphiopedilum Woluwense (P. niveum x P. rothschildianum). I live in Belgium and I know the city of Woluwe in the suburbs of Brussels (capital of Belgium and Europa). Is there any relation? It was recorded in 1993 by Florafest at the RHS but it does not say if it was created in that year. Who is Florafest ? On Orchids Roots site it is mentioned Paphiopedilum Woluwense, O/U 1910.
What does O/U mean? We are looking for this information in order to write an article about this paphiopedilum in the quarterly magazine of our club. ........ we will not advise its culture because of the difficulties of flowering ;).
Thank you for your help.

Yes NYEric Brussels is the bustling capital of 500 million Europeans. Since the decision of the member states to make Brussels the seat of the European institutions in 1997, Brussels has become the de facto capital of Europe.

Since it is established that Paphiopedilum Woluwense and Bruxellense (Linden 1901) are primary hybrids of Paphiopedilum rothschildianum I have searched the "Journal des orchidées" (L. Linden) until 1897 as well as other books available on www.archive.org but I have not found anything interesting. Do you know when the first hybrid of Paphiopedilum rothschildianum appeared? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back