screwed by your job?!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
So I have held a sales position for the last 2 years at a company that I will not name. We recently went through merger and things have been stressful. I recd a new compensation/commission plan just before the merger. As I looked at my paycheck today I realized that they did not honor their previous agreement.

I also took a new position in the company and this payout was part of that deal. Is there anything I can do on my end to hold their feet to the fire???

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it! I believe I haven't gotten screwed.

I hate to play the Devil but did you sign up for the plan? I assume you did. Go back and show your accounting/HR that you are not getting the correct compensation. See what they say. If there is a problem, then start ballistic action!

They offered the comp plan prior to the merger and I accepted the new position under the new plan. The HR staff also changed with the merger. The screwed up thing is that none of the employees, myself included, have met the new owners or their staff although we share an office.

Not really a way to work or cooperate. i would send a message to the HR people and cc the boss that at least an introduction should be made.

Sounds like you (and possibly the old staff) are being mushroomed, (covered in $#!T and kept in the dark). Hopefully you have in writing what you are supposed to be getting. :eek:

I've 23 yrs in exec recruitment and I've just about seen it all. IMO ur new master exhibits the arrogance & hubris of a feudal overlord and has no REAL interest in his "chattels."

Do as Dot suggests, seek legal advice and fast!

I wouldn't have cc'd the boss. You don't want to start stepping on people's feet just yet. Call the payroll people. It could have just been a payroll error on their part, it happens.

With all the levels of management it is nearly impossible to not step on toes, especially with new ownership. After the third mention they admitted partial fault but the rest they have not accepted responsibility for. Needless to say my resume is prepped and a change would be beneficial.

It is Dot. Thank you. They gave in and admitted fault after challenging them. We should all see a 45% increase in pay.

The really insulting part is only one person thanked me. None of them noticed or really seemed to care. Sort of a Twilight Zone type of moment.

Latest posts

Back