Scott's modest slipper collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottMcC

Reaction score

Paph lowii spike progress...not too much longer!

Paph Landmark

4 Phrags on the left, 4 Paphs on the right. 2 of each in spike at present. Not too bad!

They are:

Phrag longifolium, La Vivace Epicure Phyllis D Turner, besseae, and Cape Sunset

Paph Landmark, Vert x Treasure Island, lowii, and wardii

Thats how big my collection was just last year...... and then I became infected by a few members here (ahemmm heather, ross and lien) :rollhappy:
now i'm a full blown addict.

bwester said:
Thats how big my collection was just last year...... and then I became infected by a few members here (ahemmm heather, ross and lien) :rollhappy:
now i'm a full blown addict.

Think I know what you mean. But now I'm scared, so how many do you have?

Barbara

Barbara, I'm afraid to count them. I know its over 100 for slippers. with other orchids, probably close to 300. scary.

Scott, as a newbie to slippers, I have to ask.....do you grow all those under the same conditions? And if so what are your growing conditions. Your picture has a nice variety. I have 6 mottled leaf paphs. and would like to add more variety. I have seen some wonderful pictures and have a very big "wish list".

Maybe we're in trouble, eh Scott. I'll need a greenhouse long before I get to 300 orchids.

they are growing just as you see them in the picture. I use the lowii and the Landmark to shade the two mottled-leaf paphs, and the longifolium gives a little shade to the other phrags as well. the window faces south. there's a building across the street that blocks the light during the noontime hours, but during the morning the sun is unobstructed, and there's a few patches of unobstructed afternoon light. I don't use any supplemental lighting.

temps range from 65 winter mins to 85 summer maxes, with about 5-10º day-night variation. humidity is around 50%.

most of the plants you see are growing in primeagra. the smaller ones are conventional culture, the bigger s/h. they all get dilute (75-100 ppm N) MSU fertilizer with each watering, except for periodic flushes with tap water every few weeks).

I should take a new picture in the next couple days--the phrags opened up new blooms.

thanks for the detailed answer. Looks like there is no holding me back, now where is that wish list?

Latest posts

Back