Scottish Baronial Mansion for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Thats a steal!!!! I just remodeled a junker house that was purchased for a million, the remodel cost 500,000

It's beautiful home and I'd buy it in a minute if I could get
himself back to Scotland. Maybe someday if Scotland
ever votes independent from England, I can talk him into
it. Are you going to move your greenhouse?

It's beautiful home and I'd buy it in a minute if I could get
himself back to Scotland. Maybe someday if Scotland
ever votes independent from England, I can talk him into
it. Are you going to move your greenhouse?

Angela, you may as well bring himself for a visit in that case, as I expect we will see Scotland vote for independence within a few more years. The current UK government is **** a hoop with having one a majority so unexpectedly, and they are doing a fine job of ignoring sentiment north of the border. It is as if they positively want to shift public opinion in Scotland further towards independence. And if the UK votes to remove itself from the EC in 2016, then you can bet there will be a desire in Scotland for another independence referendum. There is a clear and substantial majority in Scotland in favour of staying in the EC, but that won't count for much when it comes to the entire UK vote. So stay tuned, things are set for pretty rapid change here in the next few years.

The greenhouse will stay here with Achamore House, and I intend to build a new larger one when we move.

Achamore, if the the Scots vote for Independence do you get to keep the Queen? She is Scottish, after all? Don't know who the English would replace her with...

So why the move? 12 rooms just too much work? I'm with Hien, I couldn't dream of parting with such a stately home.

The Scots would retain the Queen, at least that's what was said in the run-up to the Referendum.

My wife runs a dairy farm at the north end of the island, and wants to move back up there. It is a monstrous commute for her, over 2 miles... This is a lovely home, and I like it more than she does. But I look forward to living in a newly built (= easily kept warmer) house, and having a larger and more energy efficient greenhouse. Also the view over the sea to the west from the building plot is one of the most truly wonderful ones you could imagine, catching sunsets over the Paps of Jura and over Islay which are roughly 14 miles west of us. The sea and sky is constantly changing, and I'd love to retire there, with no maintenance issues and no mortgage over our heads..!

We dream of Scottish independence here. Scotland owes
England nothing and The Brits owe Scotland a very great
deal for centuries of attempted genocide, property confiscation and culture destruction.

Don, think smaller house and larger greenhouse. We finished our home in 1996 and immediately discovered we built waaay too big for two people. We could have dropped 500 sq.ft. and never missed it. Funny how things look smaller when laying out stakes and lines!
The ocean view at the farm sounds wonderful.

Bigger greenhoouse is always welcome:D For me, no matter how much room I have, I will fill it up with useful things a.k.a. rubbish. I would not describe myself as a hoarder, but perhaps getting close......
Lovely house by the way.........

Two people came to view the house yesterday, and say they plan to return next weekend to look over the island and the house more. Seemed very interested.

Latest posts

Back