Schoenorchis fragrans

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This may be the smallest mini I've got. It's a first time bloomer for me, growing mounted by my fogger in the g.h. It likes to dry out and although it likes humidity, it doesn't like to be wet.

fragrans2.jpg

fragrans3.jpg

Wonderful!
I am impressed with the photographs as these little flowers cannot be easy to capture!

Haha! I just saw tom's post after I posted in his schoenorchis thread. Tome, I totally understand 'floral'. I ask about ythe grapes because that's how it's described in the J&L catalog! :D Mine hasn't bloomed yet.

Nice bloom for this young plant!
The S. fragrans I have seen until now did not have the pink color on the dorsal sepal and the 2 top petals... does anyone here know how to differentiate the similar Schoenorchis species (fragrans, manipurensis, pachyacris...), I have never found an identification key :(

I love it! I had 2 mounted on the same piece and as they were growing new leaf they suddenly started to rot and died in no time (I had them in ventilated area)....:(:(:( Maybe it was the excesive heat of the summer.......

I think I need to try again!

I love it! I had 2 mounted on the same piece and as they were growing new leaf they suddenly started to rot and died in no time (I had them in ventilated area)....:(:(:( Maybe it was the excesive heat of the summer.......

I think I need to try again!

Not likely due to just the heat, but combined with dry winds that could kill them. Wet/dry cycles with lots of heat and tons of humidity are the key to keeping them happy.

Latest posts

Back