Sarracenia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget Trenton. Chicago had Cabrini Green here and we still have the Robert Taylor Homes. I could go on but it's not exactly a walk in the park in those areas.

You are a very brave man.

I went to college with a gal from Cabrini Green. Her Dad was one of the maintenance folk for the projects. They got two free apartments there. I never did get a chance to meet hardly any of Rhonda's family because she said I'd probably get assaulted if I came to visit because I was white. She told me stories of how her Mom taught all of her younger brothers and sisters to get in the cast iron bathtub when ever they heard gun fire. She showed me photos of where bullets had come through the windows of their apartments and were stuck in the walls and in their furniture. I was young back then and couldn't imagine people raising a family in that type of an environment.

Cabrini Green is gone now. Probably why Trenton is now the murder capital of the US.

Here is a personalized mailing label on the last box sent to me from Brooks-

Brooksartwork.jpg

Thought you might be interested in seeing that. He is so darn sweet and creative. Who the heck takes the time to hand draw photos of sarracenias on a box then uses watercolors and fills them in? I save them all for sentimental reasons. I have one of 'Leah' that is in a photo album because it is such a beautiful watercolor.

Here is a personalized mailing label on the last box sent to me from Brooks-

Brooksartwork.jpg

Thought you might be interested in seeing that. He is so darn sweet and creative. Who the heck takes the time to hand draw photos of sarracenias on a box then uses watercolors and fills them in? I save them all for sentimental reasons. I have one of 'Leah' that is in a photo album because it is such a beautiful watercolor.

Jeeezzz, that's amazing! I call that a dedicated Sarracenia grower.

He's dedicated, that's for sure. That label is huge. The photo doesn't show the size. Way cool, eh? I tried my best to create a personalized label but bombed out miserably. Embarrassingly so actually. I guess I'm just not one of those artsy craftsy types.

He's dedicated, that's for sure. That label is huge. The photo doesn't show the size. Way cool, eh? I tried my best to create a personalized label but bombed out miserably. Embarrassingly so actually. I guess I'm just not one of those artsy craftsy types.

Hey, at least you tried and that's all that matters!

Yup, I get an A for effort. I used Crayola water colors out of one of the kids' art boxes. I thought it would be so easy. It wasn't.

For you Eric. I tried my best to create one of those black backgrounds using black crayola craft paper from the art stash the kids use for school projects. It's not the greatest photo of "Wilkerson's White Knight" but it's good enough for you to get a good look of a pitcher you've probably not seen before. Check out the throat. Magnificent isn't it.

img_0005-1.jpg

Closer image-

img_0006.jpg

Latest posts

Back