Sarracenia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eOrchids

Reaction score
Here are my Sarracenia.

IMG_4761_1.jpg

S. Readii x Moorei 'Wilkerson Bog'

Stay tune for more photos! :)

Beautiful.

Did you get those from Brooks Garcia? I've got a Wilkerson's White Knight that hopefully will mature well. It was looking a little on the dormant side the last time I checked but aren't they all these days!

Beautiful.

Did you get those from Brooks Garcia? I've got a Wilkerson's White Knight that hopefully will mature well. It was looking a little on the dormant side the last time I checked but aren't they all these days!

I got this plant a couple of years ago; forgot the name of that individual. Though I do know, Brooks Garcia has some amazing Sarracenia. Oh! Wilkerson's 'White Knight' that's an AWESOME plant! Definately post pics once it matures!

Brooks is my personal friend. I have the utmost respect for him. Over the years, he has sent me a gift of one of every plant from the Wilkerson Bog that he has lovingly tended for over 5 years now. The Wilkerson's White Knight was the one he sent me this year. Not too many of those out yet but there will be soon. He religiously works that land as if it was his own carefully identifying and removing invasive species while seeing to it that a sustainable amount of seed is collected and grown out to preserve the genotype. Plants from the Wilkerson Bog are now in the hands of many scientists, botanical gardens, and private collectors where they are grown out and shared with others. The Wilkerson Bog plants are also in the hands of reputable CP nurseries where they are being propagated and sold to the public. These plants are in cultivation because of Brooks' hard work. I am extremely proud of the way he has cared for that land. I am also extremely proud of how he gave plants away to get them into cultivation fast to ensure that every Sarracenia present was (or is in the process of being) made available to the public. Premise being that those less honorable would not feel the need to poach if the plants were readily available from the nursery industry. Yes, he gave them to nurseries with the permission of the Wilkerson Family, to perpetuate the species.

http://hometown.aol.com/atlfinegardens/page1.html

I would be happy to share a photo of Wilkerson's White Knight with you privately. Oddly enough the name of that particular plant is one he deliberated over selecting and I strongly encouraged him to go for it. Long story but it was a tough decision for personal reasons.

Brooks is my personal friend. I have the utmost respect for him. Over the years, he has sent me a gift of one of every plant from the Wilkerson Bog that he has lovingly tended for over 5 years now. The Wilkerson's White Knight was the one he sent me this year. Not too many of those out yet but there will be soon. He religiously works that land as if it was his own carefully identifying and removing invasive species while seeing to it that a sustainable amount of seed is collected and grown out to preserve the genotype. Plants from the Wilkerson Bog are now in the hands of many scientists, botanical gardens, and private collectors where they are grown out and shared with others. The Wilkerson Bog plants are also in the hands of reputable CP nurseries where they are being propagated and sold to the public. These plants are in cultivation because of Brooks' hard work. I am extremely proud of the way he has cared for that land. I am also extremely proud of how he gave plants away to get them into cultivation fast to ensure that every Sarracenia present was (or is in the process of being) made available to the public. Premise being that those less honorable would not feel the need to poach if the plants were readily available from the nursery industry. Yes, he gave them to nurseries with the permission of the Wilkerson Family, to perpetuate the species.

http://hometown.aol.com/atlfinegardens/page1.html

I would be happy to share a photo of Wilkerson's White Knight with you privately. Oddly enough the name of that particular plant is one he deliberated over selecting and I strongly encouraged him to go for it. Long story but it was a tough decision for personal reasons.

I heard about the story about Brooks Garcia and thank you for the link (which I saw already). Just simply fascinating!

I have S. x Moorei 'Wilkerson Bog'. Although it's not mature (within a year), it's simply an amazing cultivar. Forgot the name of the individual whom I traded with.

Regarding Wilkerson 'White Knight, I think he should have it register. It's another amazing cross created & he deserves his name on his own creation. But it's a shame that his personal reasons is holding him back.

I have to remember to take a photo of the last box he sent plants to me in. You will fall over when you see the mailing label. Remind me to get a photo of that label because I save all of his labels with all of his personal drawings.

I don't know that Wilkerson's White Knight is his own creation. I believe it may have been a sport he stumbled across on the property. Good question, I'll have to try to remember to ask him some day. Not a particularly strong grower so far based on my experience. If you live in the US, I will place a tag in my Wilkerson's White Knight with your name on it and when it attains a size that is divisible (probably 3 years but I never forget who a division belongs to when there is a tag in a plant), I will gift it to you. The only strings attached are that you please try your best to gift a division of your plant to the next person you believe shares well with others when your plant is divisible. I'd much prefer to gift a division to someone like you who cares. I stick to myself for the most part and only have a few CP friends and he just happens to be one of them and I know he loves it when the plants are shared. That's Brooks! Good honest and hard working soul. PM me if this sounds of interest to you.

editing to add I see you are in NJ which is perfect!

Tee hee, 'Hurricane Creek' is John Hummer's baby whilst 'White Sparkler' and "White Knight" are Rob Sacilotto's babies. Brook's baby is "Wilkerson's White Knight". You're mixing them up accidentally. And no, I'm not over at Terra Forums. I really do stick to myself other than posting here plus a handful of people I can count on one hand.

Tee hee, 'Hurricane Creek' is John Hummer's baby whilst 'White Sparkler' and "White Knight" are Rob Sacilotto's babies. Brook's baby is "Wilkerson's White Knight". You're mixing them up accidentally. And no, I'm not over at Terra Forums. I really do stick to myself other than posting here plus a handful of people I can count on one hand.

oh ok

Sheesh, I must be suffering from stuffing stupor if I am replying to a pm in an open thread. Forgive me eOrchids, I've been cooking and baking for the past 2 days for our meal which we serve at 1pm and I think I need a nap or something now that everyone has left.

Hey! I like lots of NJ. Particularly that area around Philadelphia with all those nice B & Bs. They sure do have a lot of nice antique shops out that way too.

editing to add- yes, there are many arm pit areas in IL. Fortunately I don't live near any of them. Nice clean air where I live... if you can stand the smell of horse crap wafting through your open windows in spring and fall.

Latest posts

Back