Sarcochilus (Elegance ‘Super’ x Peace ‘On Earth’ AM/AOS)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred

Reaction score
January 31st I asked a question about cooling my Sarcochilus in my garage at night in hopes of getting them to bloom. The garage temps were 45° +/- most nights. I put them out three nights out of every four. I water them every fourth night and didn’t want to put them out after watering. I put them out for 8-9 weeks and one produced an inflorescence and two of the buds have opened. What a pain in the neck... lol. The rest are outside now but it’s not so cool at night now and it might be past the time to initiate blooming.CD8726C0-4217-48E3-B36C-4C12BD69D7DF.jpegB25AD3F9-B2D6-4BE8-8B8F-C277961E762A.jpeg

Well done. I was having the same issue trying to get these to bloom, I can’t get the night time drop. I also moved my two sarcos to the coldest spot over the winter and have a few flower spikes, sad looking but spikes! They say these are usually in bloom for Mother’s Day so looks like you are right on time.

Latest posts

Back