• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Santa Barbara Orchid Estate Annual Silent Auction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

Hey all, this is not a for sale post for anything of mine, but thought i'd let y'all know... Santa Barbara Estate's annual silent auction is up. I've gotten many many nice plants from this auction in the past so I thought someone else may be interested. There are in addition to their own plants, plants on consignment from Bob Weltz.

Here is the site:

http://www.sborchid.com/auction2006.php

Heather said:
LOL! Great minds....

for anyone who doesn't know... Dolce Cat...well, we need pics Lien!

DolceCat516.jpg

And lots of things over $100 minimum bid for crosses that aren't even named crosses, or bloomed - is this a tad high priced? I get the investment in things before they bloom, but a complex paph that hasn't bloomed worth over a hundred bucks? Hmmm

Heather said:
Well, they are expensive, but most are divisions and divisions usually are pricier... what do the proceeds support? Is this an annual fundraiser for SBOE or really just a sale? Just curious.

I don't think it is a fundraiser. Also, each consigner sets his/her own MB. I too was surprised to see how high the MBs were on Bob Weltz's plants were this year. The plants from SBOE were more reasonably set. But they did not have any paphs available this year.

Heather said:
Well, they are expensive, but most are divisions and divisions usually are pricier... what do the proceeds support? Is this an annual fundraiser for SBOE or really just a sale? Just curious.
I believe it's just a sale.

The 7.50 specials are a pretty good deal, though - generally very good live-power in them, and although you don't get to chose unless you go in person, they're fairly good at matching growing conditions and requests with what they've got available.

I loooooove Santa Barbara Orchid Estate! I have major 'Location Envy'. Paul, Alice, Perry and Wane are all very cool people and are some of the most hospitable people I have ever met!

My goal is to move the business out that way someday (what, you think I want to stay in MN forever?), maybe sooner than later with the land value peaking out here in MN... but it will require major arm twisting of my father :p .

Latest posts

Back