sangii in s/h??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true. What I can remember from botany is that plants unlike humans can synthesize all necessary amino acids. Still who knows if certain compounds surrounding the roots don't help. Organic material often has very complicated proteins and secondary metabolites that may play some function in plant health as well as human health.

The thing is to grow in inorganic medium you have to be perfect. I just don't think we know everything about what a plant needs or wants. I do agree that medium goes through phases but plants are living things and maybe able to adapt to the different phases of the medium.

It is unlikely to get organic medium right too so I guess everyone just grows in what they feel comfortable in and works in their environment. I just believe based on no data just ideas that growing with organic material, at least partially is better.

Just do it!
Take an adventure and learn something from it.
Explore an unknown frontier.
You have said many times your plants grow well for you, so have confidence in your acquired growing skills and proceed without regret.

Guess I'm just wondering why no one else, I've seen on any of the forums has done it!

The thing is to grow in inorganic medium you have to be perfect.
I can attest to the fact that I've not been growing perfectly in inorganic medium! Through several other threads I've found out that I've been severly underfertilizing them for the past 2 years. They still grew and bloomed nicely and regularly. So, I think growing inorganically can be pretty forgiving.

O.k. I put it in s/h. It had pretty decent roots. Hope they take to it fine. I'll keep you all posted on how sangii likes prime agra:) If you're in the market for one, Bloomfields has the same cross Luca x Darkest that Piping Rock has. I faxed in my order on Sunday night and had the plant in my grubby little hands by Weds.

Just an update, it's been in s/h for I guess almost 2 weeks and it looks good. It did lose one lower leaf, but it was really yellow when I got it.

just a quick question, why old PA and not new PA, I have old and new and only one plant in the new stuff, a Phrag Hanne Popow. is that bad????

I've just had enough of the old PA to be able to sterilize and reuse, so haven't had to try the new PA. There are a couple of threads where some members have stated they didn't like the new PA at all. Lance did some experimenting with it and had some results he didn't like with the ph of the new media. Maybe he can put a link to the thread with his findings.

Candace,
You are brave!
I took the Paph Transdoll out of S/H that someone gave to me and it's
doing so much better! I now need to get the Trixivil hybrid out of S/H
or it's going to die..........hmmm.....maybe I'll leave it.

S/H seems to work really well for some people. A friend of mine grows just about all her stuff in S/H too, but not quite all. Her plants always look so nice and healthy.

Craig

Latest posts

Back